The 6th Asia Pacific Trading Summit - Hong Kong 2008
JW Marriott Hotel
Tuesday 3rd June, 2008
FPL Asia Pacific Education & Marketing Sub-committee is organizing the 6th Asia Pacific
Trading Summit 2008 in June 2008 in Hong Kong. The event will bring together over 250 of the region's
leading buy-side dealers, hedge fund managers, brokers, traders, exchange representatives, regulators
and solution providers.
The dynamic group of leading speakers and panelists, from some of the most successful
and innovative firms in the global electronic trading arena, will highlight the different buy-side,
broker, vendor, ECN and exchange perspectives.
Nick Leeson will give his views on risk management in the modern trading world
and take questions from industry commentators
- Buyside traders, regulators, exchanges & sellside from across Asia will meet to
discuss the challenges and future of electronic trading
- Martin Wheatley, CEO of the Hong Kong SFC, will provide insight into market
regulation in a changing electronic trading environment
- Exchanges and representatives from a variety of countries including Australia, India,
Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan and Malaysia will provide important updates about market
changes, and debate the issues of trading within and across Asian markets
Lively Q & A sessions and Interactive Voting will help gather instant feedback
from the audience and fuel further debate amongst the panelists and speakers
- The day will finish with a Networking cocktail event and Prize draw, including
the opportunity to win a HOLIDAY to an Asian destination covered by the
Opening Keynote Speaker:
Regional Updates from:
Featured Speakers Include:
- Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive Officer, Securities and Futures Commission, HK
- Omar Merican, COO, Bursa Malaysia
- Louis-Vincent Gave, CEO, GaveKal
- Kent Rossiter, Head of Regional Asia Pacific Trading, RCM Asia Pacific
- Greg Yanco, CEO, AXE-ECN
- George Molina, Director of Asian Trading, Franklin Templeton Investments
- John Fildes, Managing Director, Instinet
- Kathleen Grey, Global Executive Service, BNP Paribas
- Angelo Iannone, Head of Equities Sales Trading, Deutsche Securities Asia, Taipei Branch
- Himanshu Kaji, Industry Expert and Consultant, HNK Consulting
- Dewang Neralla, Director - Technology, Financial Technologies
- David Klinger, Managing Director, Liquidnet Asia
- Ron Newell, Senior Vice President, Head, Architecture, Technology Division, SGX
- Srinivas Padmasola, Electronic Trading, Merrill Lynch
- Brook Teeter, Head of AES Sales, Credit Suisse
- Mike Nichols, Senior Sales-Trader, Cantor Fitzgerald India
- Ned Phillips, CEO, BlocSec
- Eric Yip, Head of Cash Market, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- Joel Hurewitz, Sales, Hong Kong, CLSA
- Chaiyoot Chamnanlertkit, CIO, Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Nick Leeson, Industry Commentator
- Angelo Iannone, Director, Head of Equities Sales Trading, Deutsche Securities Asia Ltd.
You will learn about the latest issues on
- ECNs and Dark Pool
- Regional Regulatory Issues
- Electronic Trading in India
- Regional Exchanges Updates
- Emerging Competitions in Asia
- The Evolving Trading Landscape
This event is free to all delegates and it is strictly by invitation only. The day
will be brought to a close with a cocktail evening, giving you the opportunity to talk to everyone
involved in the day.
The FIX Committee very much looks forward to seeing you all there, at what we think
we will be a very successful day.
1-Day Conference with Presentations, Solution Exhibitions, Networking Luncheon and
To register for the 6th Asia Pacific Trading Summit 2008, please click here.
No admission fee required for industry participants but pre-registration and approval required.
Priority is given to registrants from FPL membership firms and buy-side institutions (Restrictions
and Limitations Apply).
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities:
All exhibition spaces are SOLD OUT and all sponsorship closed on 2nd May 2008.
About FIX Protocol Ltd
FIX Protocol Ltd is a non-profit organization that owns the intellectual property
rights of the Financial Information eXchange protocol (FIX), which is provided free in the public
domain. FIX is a globally recognized messaging standard enabling the electronic communication of
pre-trade and trade messages between financial institutions, primarily investment managers,
broker/dealers, ECNs and stock exchanges. For more information, see