Since 2009, the Australia FPL conference has been known as one of the most important trading conferences in Australia. The conference is designed to be informative and highly relevant to the local market as it is formulated by domestic and international practitioners. The great range of speakers provides unique insight into how and which global trends will affect the Australian market.
The event will bring together over 250 leading buy-side dealers, hedge fund managers, brokers, traders, exchange representatives, regulators and solution providers. With a mixture of presentations, panel discussions, breakout discussions and exhibition, the event provides the opportunity to hear the experiences of the stimulating speakers and network with your industry peers.
- Mark Adams, Senior Executive, Exchange Market Operators, ASIC
- Richard Coggins, Head of Algorithmic Trading, Citigroup Australia
- John Fildes, Director of Strategic Development, GETCO Asia
- Professor Alex Frino, Chief Executive Officer, Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC)
- Steve Grob, Director of Group Strategy, Fidessa
- Paul Hilgers, CEO, Asia Pacific, Optiver
- Ben Jefferys, Strategic Solutions, Iress Market Technology
- Chris Jenkins, Managing Director, Sales and Operations, Asia Pacific, Tora Trading
- Jason Keady, Director, Markets & Operations, Chi-X Australia
- Richard Kimber, Global Head of Equities & Global Head of eCommerce, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- Jason Lapping, Head of Asia Pacific Trading, Dimensional (Australia)
- Glenn Lesko, Chief Executive Officer, Instinet Asia
- Edward Mangles, Regional Director, Asia Pacific, FIX Protocol Ltd and Director, FIXGlobal
- Stuart McWilliam, Head of Electronic Execution , Macquarie Securities Australia
- Richard Murphy, General Manager, Equities Markets, Australian Securities Exchange
- Will Psomadelis, Head of Trading, Australian Equities, Schroders Investment Management
- Emma Quinn, Co-Chair FPL Australia Working Group, and Vice President, Director, Asia Pacific Fixed Income and Australia Equities Dealing,
- Ben Radclyffe, Co-Chair FPL Australia Working Group, and Head of Electronic Trading, Australia, Deutsche Bank
- David Raper, General Manager of Trade Execution and Information Services, Australian Securities Exchange
- Steven Sydney Wood, Founder, Global Buy Side Trading Consultants
The delegates said:
“The best conference I have attended all year. The content was topical, the audience engaged - without selling agendas it produced a great result. Thanks.”
“The FIX Conference was a stand-out event as it was driven by the industry, for the industry.”
"It was honest, and not just spin. I will be back next year."
“Buy-side discussion was most valuable, with feedback from peers on EMS, OMS and Commissions. Very candid and unique.”
"A high quality, concentrated industry event that everybody wants to be a part of. The Australia focus and excellent quality of delegates makes it stand out."