The Website fix-events.com and Events Branding "FIX Events" is owned and managed by Plus Concepts.
Your Information and how we use it
Collection of your personal data
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our events:
- You will need to input certain of your personal data when registering with us on our Site, in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate at an event.
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our conferences, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide.
- When you drop your name cards with us or with any of our sponsors' booths, your name card details may be collected by us or our sponsors for marketing use. We require that our sponsors treat your personal data with the same level of privacy. You may refer to them on how your data is kept and used.
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you (including processing event registrations for and administration of such services).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Subscription of Newsletter / Promotional Materials / Marketing Materials” section below.
- To match your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyze trends, usage and conference attendance behavior with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
Rights to your Personal Information and Pivacy Preferences
Upon request, Plus Concepts will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. For security purposes, certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support. We may request for means of verification. We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable timeframe.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
Generally speaking, the Company will only disclose and/or transfer personal information and/or data to authorized parties such as the organizer and sponsors of an event. The Company agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
(a) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by the Company to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Sites, under a duty of confidentiality;
(b) where the Company needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
(c) where the Company considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Sites; and
(d) where the Company deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Sites.
Subscription of Newsletter / Promotional Materials / Marketing Materials
The Company and its affiliates may from time to time send to members newsletters, surveys and marketing materials related to business events and conferences based on the personal information and data that they have provided to the Company.
Suitable measures are implemented to make available to such members the options to "opt-out" of receiving such materials. In this regard, members may unsubscribe for such materials by replying our emails with the word ‘Unsubscribe’ on the Subject of the email, or contact the Company, whose contact details are set out under the section headed "Enquiries".
Unsubscription from all Marketing / Removal of personal data
At any time you wish to stop receiving our marketing materials, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Unsubscribe on the subject header. We will process your request within an appropriate time frame.
At any time you wish to remove your data from our system, you may send an email to email@example.com to request for removal of your data from our system. We will process your request within an appropriate time frame.
Security measures to protect your data
We take steps to keep your data secure on our systems, such as:
- Your data is stored on off-site servers in the clouds, with respectable providers with the same if not higher privacy and security policy in place.
- Transfer and access of data is performed securely using encrypted connections.
- Transfer and access of data is performed only by authorised staff, and only required staffs has the password to access the system.
- We protect our computers and network devices behind firewalls and regularly inspect our systems to protect against malware and viruses.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
The Company reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement in the following manner at any time as the Company deems necessary, so you are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently.
If the Company decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, the Company will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places the Company deems appropriate.
Should you have any enquiries, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone at +852 8200-6155 or write to us at the following address:
Attn: Privacy Officer
17/F, Chung Hing Commercial Building
62-63 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong